Some fountain pens are used on a daily basis, some disappear in to collections without a trace.
This site is about fountain pens and writing with fountain pens. It is about new, vintage, weird, wonderful or LE. The content comes from YOU. There is a vast fund of knowledge and stories out there about pens and things pen related; unfortunately the greater part is aired only briefly and then disappears into the ether, to be lost forever.
Thats where Pentrace comes in. This is a cooperative site, the more you put in; the more you will get out! Most importantly the content will always be available online, because it is all stored in our database.
This is how its going to work...
There will two main ways of gathering material:
The headlines will be emailed each Friday to those who have joined the email list. This list will also receive updates on other changes and improvements to the site.
- Submission of an article directly, we are looking for good "literary" content that everyone will enjoy reading. You use fountain pens? Good! Start using them.
- Via the posts to the message board. We know from experience that some great posts go out on boards and lists on a weekly basis. We will take the great posts and edit them into articles, which will then appear on the front page as a headline and will be stored for posterity on our database. These articles will link to the thread that initiated it, until the thread scrolls off the message board.
This is the type of material we hope to feature:
- Great Pen Finds (pawnshops, junkstores, fleamarkets, freebies, estates etc.)
- Horrid Pen Losses.
- Haunted/Heirloom Pens
- Pen Travel/Search Stories.
OK now get writing!
- Replacing sacs; the basics
- Re-aligning, adjusting and polishing nibs
- Grinding your own italic nibs
- Polishing plastics
- Pawn-shop etiquette